Taj Mahal trip by train and car
Marvel at the magnificent Taj Mahal
Explore Agra on a private city tour
Visit the ‘ghost’ city of Fatehpur Sikri
First-class train from Delhi to Agra, and private vehicle for return journey by road
Fantastic trip from Delhi to the Taj Mahal by train, with local guide, city tour of Agra Fort and 'baby' taj, and visit to Fatehpur Sikri, returning to Delhi by car.
Meet your car and driver at your hotel for your trip from Delhi. Transfer to the train station to take the early morning express train at 6am. The train journey takes 2 hours, you have a first-class seat and breakfast is served on board. On arrival in Agra, meet your English-speaking local guide and private air-conditioned vehicle. Admire the world-famous Taj Mahal, the exquisite white marble monument built by a mighty Mughal emperor for his lost wife as a symbol of his enduring love for her. Afterwards, visit the so-called ‘baby taj’, then drive across the river to Agra’s impressive Fort, one of the greatest forts in India with gateways, battlements, pavilions, mosques and halls, and a fascinating, often bloodthirsty history.
Continue to the deserted ‘ghost’ city of Fatehpur Sikri, around an hour away, then return to Delhi by road.
Please note the Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays.
- First class train travel from Delhi to Agra with breakfast on board
- Private English-speaking local guide and city tour in Agra
- Private air-conditioned vehicle in Agra with driver, and return to Delhi by road
- Private hotel-station transfers in Delhi
- Visit to Fatehpur Sikri
- Entrance fees to the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and ‘baby taj’
- Meals, entrance fees not mentioned above
- Hotel accommodation
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Gratuities to driver, guide